Straight alcohol can strip the oleophobic and hydrophobic coatings that keep oil and water from damaging your display and other ports. … The safest bet is to use disinfectant wipes that contain 70% isopropyl alcohol to clean your phone screen.
Does alcohol damage touch screens?
Although it may sound like an effective cleaning solution, rubbing alcohol — as well as other harsh cleaning chemicals — shouldn’t be used on touchscreen devices. The problem with rubbing alcohol and other harsh cleaning chemicals is they strip away the oleophobic coating of touchscreen devices.
How do you clean a smartphone screen?
Use a lint-free microfiber cloth, such as a lens cloth for your eyeglasses or sunglasses, to gently wipe the screen down with fluid (see step 3.) Do not use a tissue or paper towel because both can leave a residue on the screen or worse — they might scratch away the screen’s protective coating.
Can I clean my phone with hand sanitizer?
Use alcohol-free sanitizers
Alcohol-free hand sanitisers (avoid household cleaners, even if they’re alcohol-free) should be fine to use on exposed screens, so long as they are effective against both viruses and bacteria.
Can I use antibacterial wipes on my phone?
Most household antibacterial wipes and disinfectants are actually super abrasive and can damage or scratch your phone. Disinfecting wipes are effective at killing germs, but if they’re not specifically designed to clean phones, they can corrode and remove the protective coating on the glass screen.
Can I use alcohol wipes to clean my laptop screen?
Using a circular motion can help remove stubborn smudges. Never spray alcohol or another liquid directly on your computer or laptop screen. Use another clean microfiber cloth with a small amount of 70%+ Isopropyl Alcohol or a 70%+ alcohol cleaning wipe. Wipe down your entire screen and be sure to get the edges.
What is the best way to sanitize your cell phone?
Apple and a number of Android device manufacturers offer similar recommendations:
- Unplug the device before cleaning.
- Use a lint-free cloth slightly dampened with soap and water.
- Don’t spray cleaners directly onto the device.
- Avoid aerosol sprays and cleaning solutions that contain bleach or abrasives.
How can I clean my phone screen without damaging it?
- The best way to clean your smartphone safely without damaging its screen or internal components is to wipe it down with a lightly dampened microfiber cloth.
- Apple also recently said that it’s safe to clean its products with a Clorox Disinfectant Wipe or 70% isopropyl alcohol wipe.
How can I make my phone germ free?
If it’s allowed for your phone, you can consider using a 40/60 alcohol-to-water mixtureto slightly dampen the soft cloth you use to wipe your phone.
- Spray or otherwise apply water or liquids directly. …
- Use glass cleaner containing ammonia. …
- Wipe using a paper towel or abrasive cloth.
How do I clean and disinfect my phone?
How to clean and disinfect your phone:
- Remove your phone case and power down your device.
- Polish with a microfiber cloth. …
- Next, reach for a Lysol disinfecting wipe. …
- Let your phone air dry for a minimum of 5 minutes. …
- Reach for a clean paper towel or microfiber cloth. …
- Finally, clean your phone case.
Can I use Lysol wipes on my phone?
You should never use Clorox or Lysol wipes on your phone’s screen to rid it of germs or viruses.
Can I clean my phone with baby wipes?
For more persistent marks and dirt, you can use some gentle face or baby wipes, or a little bit of household hand soap. … If not, Turner says a little soap, water, and a cloth will do just fine. Soap and water is also the preferred method of fighting any viruses that may be stuck to your phone.