What are the 5 reasons listed as reasons to refuse to use?
Here’s five positive reasons to refuse to use.
- Number One: Change the Image Debate.
- Number Two: Green Party.
- Number Three: Tick-tock, Tick-tock.
- Number Four: Thanks for the Memories.
- Number Five: Future Perfect.
What are 5 excuses you can make to avoid drinking?
10 excuses for why you’re not drinking when you’re pregnant or trying to conceive
- You are on antibiotics.
- You’re observing lent.
- You have a bet going.
- You are super sick.
- You’ve started a clean eating diet.
- You’re hung over.
- You’re prepping for a blood test.
- You’re trying to save money.
What are three strategies for refusing alcohol?
Alcohol Refusal Skills
- Choose positive friends who don’t need alcohol to have fun.
- Be assertive in turning down the opportunity to drink.
- Make eye contact when turning down an opportunity to drink.
How do you refuse alcohol?
Do be polite and avoid value judgements. Use tact – politely inform the patron you will not serve them any more alcohol. Do point to posters/signs behind the liquor service point to reinforce your decision. Do explain the reason for refusal of service (e.g. showing signs of being unduly intoxicated).
What organ is affected by pills?
Drug use can also result in long-term health outcomes that include: harm to organs and systems in your body, such as your throat, stomach, lungs, liver, pancreas, heart, brain, nervous system.
What are the levels of addiction?
The Four Stages of Addiction
- Stage 1: Experimentation. Very few people set out to become addicted. …
- Stage 2: Regular Use & Abuse. …
- Stage 3: Dependency & Tolerance. …
- Stage 4: Addiction. …
- Detox, Treatment & Recovery.
What are the first signs of liver damage from alcohol?
What are the early signs of liver damage from alcohol?
- swelling of your liver, which may lead to discomfort in the upper right side of your abdomen.
- unexplained weight loss.
- loss of appetite.
- nausea and vomiting.
Can I have 1 beer pregnant?
There is no known “safe” amount of alcohol use during pregnancy. Alcohol use appears to be the most harmful during the first 3 months of pregnancy; however, drinking alcohol anytime during pregnancy can be harmful. Alcohol includes beer, wine, wine coolers, and liquor.
Why should you not drink coffee?
Caffeine has been shown to raise blood pressure levels due to the stimulatory effect it has on the nervous system. High intake of caffeine — 3 to 5 cups per day — has also been associated with increased risk of cardiovascular disease.
What are the 5 refusal strategies?
With some changes these skills can also be used to resist the pressure to be a part of bullying!
- Say “NO THANKS.” The easiest but some forget to try it. …
- Strength in numbers. …
- Use Humor. …
- Give a Reason, Fact or Excuse. …
- Cold Shoulder or Ignore. …
- Change the Subject. …
- Walk Away. …
- Broken Record or Repeated Refusal.
Is alcohol a natural depressant?
Many people use alcohol to enhance their mood, but alcohol is actually a depressant that can negatively affect one’s mental and physical health.
How do you refuse a drug?
When you are offered a drink or drugs, keep the following in mind:
- Say “NO” quickly. …
- Your voice should be clear and firm.
- Make direct eye contact.
- Suggest an alternative: …
- Ask the person to stop offering you a drink and to not do so again.
- Change the subject.
Is 21 a perfect age for legal alcohol drinking?
The age 21 MLDA saves lives and improves health.
States that increased the legal drinking age to 21 saw a 16% median decline in motor vehicle crashes.
How do you politely cut someone off drinking?
How do I cut someone off?
- Avoid confrontation. …
- Treat the guest with respect. …
- Do not argue, but don’t back down either. …
- Calmly state the reason why you can no longer serve them alcoholic drinks. …
- Do not be rude or act superior. …
- Listen and acknowledge the guest’s frustration. …
- Monitor the guest who has been refused service.
What are the 4 main reasons for refusal of service?
Refusal of service
- law requires it (e.g. if the person is a minor or unduly intoxicated or disorderly)
- safety of the patron is in jeopardy (i.e. from the consumption of liquor)
- safety of others is in jeopardy (i.e. from the consumption of liquor by a particular patron)