The ingredients listed in Clorox wipes fresh scent version, beginning with the highest amount, are water, substrate, isopropyl alcohol, and alkyl dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride. … If you are not a scientist, you may not be able to pronounce these ingredients or define what they are and what they can do to your body.
Does Clorox wipes have alcohol?
Clorox wipes are sudsy enough to use for scrubbing, but it’s not a good idea to use them on upholstered surfaces like sofas or mattresses. The alcohol in Clorox wipes can stain or fade fabrics. If you use these wipes on your sofa, you may end up ruining a perfectly good piece of furniture.
What percentage of alcohol is in Clorox wipes?
Each contains 70-to-75% isopropyl alcohol and is great for disinfecting anything from your fingers, to your phone, to a thermometer.
Are Clorox wipes alcohol free?
SDS: Clorox Healthcare® VersaSure™ Alcohol-Free Disinfectant Cleaner Wipes | The Clorox Company.
What are the ingredients in Clorox wipes?
- ALKYL DIMETHYL BENZYL AMMONIUM CHLORIDE (C14 60%, C16 30%, C12 5%, C18 5%) …
- ALKYL DIMETHYL ETHYLBENZYL AMMONIUM CHLORIDE (C12-14) …
- ALKYL DIMETHYL ETHYLBENZYL AMMONIUM CHLORIDES (C12-18) …
- ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL.
Why are Clorox wipes dangerous?
Disinfectant chemicals called quaternary ammonium compounds “quats”, commonly found in wipes are especially problematic. These chemicals are skin irritants, can irritate your lungs, and have been linked to asthma and reproductive harm.
Should you wash your hands after using Clorox wipes?
Don’t ever use Clorox wipes on skin.
This one may seem obvious, but it’s an important one: Don’t use the wipes as diaper wipes or for personal cleansing or sanitizing. Clorox’s sanitizing claims are based on using the wipes as directed on hard and soft surfaces, not human skin.
Is there bleach in Clorox wipes?
Do Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes contain bleach? No. Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes are made with a bleach-free formula that’s available in different scents so they leave a light, clean smell every time you wipe down a surface.
How do you make homemade Clorox wipes?
- Cut your paper towel roll through the middle with a serrated knife.
- Flip them over and stick into a jar or previous Lysol/Clorox wipes box.
- Mix together the water, rubbing alcohol, and dawn dish soap.
- Pour around the edges of the paper towel roll. …
- Pull the middle paper towel roll out and throw away.
Why can’t you find Clorox wipes anywhere?
I can’t find Clorox products anywhere. Why is that? We’re pushing as hard as we can to increase supply and expect continued improvement as we take additional actions to expand our production capabilities. Millions of our disinfecting products continue to reach stores, but demand remains understandably high.
Where can I buy Clorox wipes today?
- Walmart: shop disinfecting wipes.
- CVS: shop disinfecting wipes.
- Office Depot: shop disinfecting wipes.
- Home Depot: shop disinfecting wipes.
- Walgreens: shop disinfecting wipes.
Where can I order Clorox wipes?
Clorox Wipes — Quick links
- Shop all Clorox cleaning devices at Amazon.
- Shop all Clorox cleaning devices at Target.
- Shop all Clorox cleaning devices at Newegg.
- Shop all Clorox cleaning devices at Staples.
- Shop all Clorox cleaning devices at Lowe’s.
- Shop all Clorox cleaning devices at Office Depot.
What can I use instead of Clorox wipes?
3 Disinfectants You Can Use If You Can’t Find Clorox Wipes
- Any product that says “disinfectant” on the label, and includes an EPA registration number.
- Diluted Household Bleach.
- Rubbing Alcohol (aka Isoproyl Alcohol)
What are the inactive ingredients in Clorox wipes?
What Chemicals Are in Clorox Wipes?
- Ingredients List. …
- Isopropyl Alcohol. …
- Alkyl Dimethyl Benzyl Ammonium Chloride. …
- Alkyl Polyglucoside. …
- Propylene Glycol Propyl Ether. …
- Health Effects. …
How do you disinfect with Clorox wipes?
- To disinfect: Use on hard, nonporous surfaces. Wipe surface to be disinfected. Use enough wipes for treated surface to remain visibly wet for 4 minutes. …
- To sanitize and deodorize: Use on hard, nonporous non-food contact surfaces. Wipe surface.